Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub: 208 W University Ave.
If you’ve just stuffed yourself with all the corned beef and cabbage or chicken pot pie you can muster but are ready to keep the night rolling, head over to this watering hole for the full Irish pub experience. With all the Guinness pints and rum you could possibly desire, let this hole-in-the-wall hit the Irish spot! Since St. Paddy’s Day is a main occasion that the pub builds up to all year, expect a menu of great proportions.
- Food (only for the day): Feast on traditional Irish fare, complete with corned beef and cabbage, potatoes and dessert served after 11 a.m.
- Drinks: Drink specials all day
Mother’s Pub and Grill: 1017 W University Ave.
With a four-leaf clover on its emblem, you know this bustling pub means business — especially when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around. The daily food and drink deals and overall friendly service keep locals coming back and newcomers satisfied. Along with the year-round Shepherd’s Pie, the PeeWee Herman aka the Reuben sandwich, the Wisconsin burger with brat and sauerkraut and all your other pub favorites, the pub’s special St. Paddy’s Day menu is perfect for the occasion.
- Food: Expect the classic corned beef and cabbage dish and the year-round Shepherd’s Pie anytime after 7 a.m.
- Drinks: Irish Car Bombs, Jameson Whiskey and they’ve been known to have green beer for the holiday
Beef ‘O’ Brady’s: 3 Gainesville locations 1250 W University Ave, 352-338-9288; 1999 NW 43rd St 352-338-7771; 6500 SW Archer Rd, 352-271-8085
The Irish surname O’Brady isn’t in the restaurant name for nothing! Boasting “good food and great sports,” this Irish pub is also home to year-round Irish food items and an open bar stocked with a variety of beers and liquor. Bonus: There are three locations in Gainesville to accommodate anyone.
- Food: Enjoy the year-round roast beef and gravy Dubliner, and, of course, corned beef and cabbage on St. Paddy’s Day.
- Drinks: Various liquor selections and beers on tap.
While not a specific St. Paddy’s Day joint, expect a live music performance in honor of the Irish celebration. Plus, 25 beer taps offer the chance to find the perfect crisp celebratory brew —maybe enough for a little Irish-themed karaoke on stage.
- Food: Traditional pub fare, including truffled cheese fries, fish and chips, burgers and wings
- Drinks: In addition to 25 on-tap beers, there is a full selection of liquor.