Bite into this crunchy, deep-fried crab rangoon dish served with a sweet chili sauce.
Challenge yourself to prepare your favorite American-Chinese dish. A crispy wonton stuffed with lump crabmeat and smooth cream cheese makes for the perfect side, appetizer or snack.
-10 oz. lump crabmeat
-1/2 cup cream cheese
-3 tbsp. green onions
-1 pack wonton skin, thawed
-1 bottle of sweet chili sauce (or desired sweet dipping sauce)
-pinch of salt and pepper
- In a mixing bowl, add the crabmeat, cream cheese and green onions. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Unwrap the wonton skins and put 1 teaspoon of mixed stuffing in the center of each.
- Seal the wonton starting from the center side of the square (not from the corner). Press gently in the middle to close. Repeat the process until you use up the stuffing mixture.
- Heat the deep fryer to 325 F, and fry the wontons until golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.
About the Chef: Chef Nestor Espartero Volcanic Sushi + Sake
Chef Nestor Espartero is the executive chef and CEO of Volcanic Sushi + Sake. He was inspired to cook by his grandmother and has trained in various respectable restaurants in South Florida with highly skilled chefs. His time in Miami and on cruise ships exposed him to various cultures and their cuisines. Espartero was always drawn to the Asian, Latin and French dishes, making him love the Asian Fusion concept.
Photography by John Sloan