If you are looking for a simple and tasty recipe for marinated roasted duck, look no further! This basil duck recipe can be the perfect date entree for that special night.
- 3 pcs. star anise
- 2 pcs. bay leaves
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
It is best to soak overnight.
Half Duck (preparation below)
- 2 oz. red bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 oz. green bell peppers (sliced)
- 2 oz. onions (sliced)
- 5 pcs. basil leaves
- 2 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. white vinegar
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place roasting wire rack inside a half pan.
- Take out the marinated duck and rub it with white vinegar.
- Place duck in the middle of the roasting wire rack and place it in the preheated oven.
- Roast duck for 1 hour.
- Remove duck from the oven and apply the butter using a cooking brush. Put it back in the oven for additional 30minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to drain liquid.
While waiting for the duck to cook, prepare the vegetables.
- Take a whole onion and cut it in half, slice thinly lengthwise.
- Do the same step with a whole red and a whole green bell pepper.
After slicing, set aside in a bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl add 2 Tbs. of hoisin sauce, 1 tsp. of oyster sauce, 1 Tbs. of soy sauce and 1 tsp. of sugar. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- When the duck is cooked, drain remaining liquid.
- Preheat a small frying pan and pour in vegetable oil. Heat. Place vegetables into pan. Sauté the veggies until cooked. Pour in the sauce mixture, add basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for a few seconds.
- Remove the sautéed vegetables and put them on a serving plate, leaving sauce in the pan.
- Cut off the drumstick and the wing and cut the center breast into quarters. Place on top of the sautéed vegetables.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of duck, covering the whole dish.
- Garnish with basil leaves.