Let the vibrant red of the tuna and bodacious green onion stand out on this dish, and enjoy the robust flavors that are sure to take you on a taste vacation.
-6 oz. fresh tuna
-2 tbsp. hot sesame seed oil
-1 tsp. kimchee sauce
-1 tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
-1 Hass avocado
-2 pcs. asparagus, blanched
-1 tsp. black tobiko
- Dice fresh tuna into 1-centimeter cubes, and place in a mixing bowl.
- Slice green onions as thinly as possible, and add to the bowl with the tuna.
- Add the kimchee sauce and hot sesame oil to the bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit and skin and cut into 1-centimeter cubes.
- Using a cylinder mold, layer the avocado and mixed tuna.6. Insert the asparagus in the center, and add the black tobiko. Then, remove the mold.7. Decorate the plate with kimchee sauce for presentation.
About the Chef:
Chef Nestor Espartero is the executive chef and CEO of Volcanic Sushi + Sake. He was inspired to cook by his grandmother and has trained in various respectable restaurants in South Florida with highly skilled chefs. His time in Miami and on cruise ships exposed him to various cultures and their cuisines. Espartero was always drawn to the Asian, Latin and French dishes, making him love the Asian Fusion concept.