Late summer and early fall is when the weather starts to cool down, and festivities are on the rise. Although we at Keith Watson Events don’t claim to be professional mixologists, we are known for being at a good party every now and then! So, we asked a few of your favorite #teamkw event pros to share some of their favorite cocktail recipes.
Keith Watson, Owner
“What’s better than hot chocolate? How about a delicious homemade version with coffee cordial. Yes, this is strictly an “adults only” drink! It’s cozy, a little boozy and oh so sweet!”
Adult Hot Chocolate with Raspberry-Infused Whipped Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 oz. coffee cordial
Raspberry-Infused Whipped Cream:
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raspberry liqueur
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a standing mixer, combine the heavy cream, raspberry liqueur and powdered sugar with a wire whisk.
- Whip on low for about 30 seconds.
- Increase the speed to high, and whip until peaks form and can hold their shape, about 3-4 minutes. Be careful not to over mix.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon and nutmeg over medium heat. Warm until heated through, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in coffee cordial.
- Serve immediately, garnished with raspberry whipped cream.
Becky Bumgarner, Vice President of Operations
“When entertaining a large group, my typical easy go-to is to mix up a pitcher of sangria. But, let’s be honest, if you see a drink in my hand, it’s most likely something fruity and refreshing. Add a mini umbrella picked with a cherry and a pineapple wedge, and you’re instantly on a cruise ship floating to the Caribbean!”
Malibu Bay Breeze
- 1.5 oz. Malibu Original Rum
- 1 part cranberry juice
- 1 part pineapple juice
- Ice cubes
- Lime wheel
- Add ice cubes to a chilled glass.
- Add Malibu, cranberry juice, pineapple juice and stir!
- Garnish with a lime wheel.
Kim Towner, Production Manager
“I chose a spiced cider margarita! It’s simple, and they can be made fast. But, it’s different enough that it tastes like a “specialty” drink without being complicated.”
Spiced Cider Margarita
- 5 oz. spiced apple cider
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 1 1/2 oz. mescal or gold tequila
For the rim:Grand Marnier Cinnamon sugar
- Rim the glass with Grand Marnier and cinnamon sugar, and add ice.
- Pour drink ingredients in shaker with ice and shake well.
- Pour over ice and garnish with an apple slice.
Lauren Reeser, Production Manager
“I love the Southern Gentleman because it’s a perfect blend of flavors. The whiskey makes it bold and strong, the honey sweetens the sour and the ginger beer gives the drink a spicy twist. It caters to many different tastes, so it’s a great party drink. I enjoy sipping on this cocktail on a hot summer day while relaxing with friends.”
- 2 oz. Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. sour mix
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 oz. ginger beer
- Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously.
- Fill glass with ice, and then pour cocktail through a strainer over the ice.
- Top up with ginger beer.
Nolan Hines, Production Manager
“My sweet tooth will always rule the day. This could only be made better by skipping the glass and pouring it over French vanilla ice cream!”
Pumpkin Pie in a Glass
- 2 parts pumpkin spice cordial
- 1 part hazelnut liqueur
- 2 1/2 parts heavy cream
- 1 part pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice, and shake well.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!
> For more tips, questions, or entertaining advice, just #AskKeith by emailing him at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos by Footstone Photography